Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing 9

Looking through all the search feeds took tons of time. Maybe it's just because blogging is still so new to me. Anyway, I found that edublogs awardwinners gave me the most interesting blog sites to follow. It was by far the easiest for me to use. Technorati came in a close second. Both of them had lists to help guide me in a direction toward sites I would be more likely to blog on. Having preset lists, like: best teacher blog, or parenting gave me choices and a focus to narrow down my searching. Bloglines search tool wasn't really confusing, but it gave me too many choices. I checked off what I was interested in and then it asked me to subscribe to all their selections based on my choices. I had to create a profile before I could subscribe to anything. It was more steps and the others were just easily available. The most useful feed I found was bionic teaching. These guys go out and find out about all the cool stuff available with computers and put it on their blog with ideas for teachers, specifically for teachers. They have a posting for setting up blogs in classrooms which I'm planning to go back and read later on. I read through lots of their listings before moving on to another site. Topix.net was really neat. It has Houston news as well as news from around the US and the world on that one site. Bloglines also had news feeds but to subscribe I had to create a profile. I found that I already had lots of their newsfeeds on my reader.

1 comment:

nancym said...

You are the recipient of my random daily response. I like the tidy look of your blog and your thoughtful entries. I have responded with many that have only one line posts. I too found that the 2 tasks on the RSS feeds took a lot of time. I also got a little bored with them after a while. Task 10 is really fun and I know you'll enjoy the image makers.