Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
You Tube and Teacher Tube were wonderful. PhotoStory continues to be an amazing application. Flickr was lots of fun. I've been on it before to view photos, but never considered it as a teaching tool.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I have always used computers in my classroom. At home I would check email and create documents for my students. I never considered the possibility of online communication via blogs. This changes my goals. I thought I was doing pretty good with my technology goals, but now I realize that I'm not exactly up with what's current out there. This definitely changes how I will think of computer use in my classroom and at home.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Yes, I was really unhappy about blogging at first. It just wasn't natural for me to communicate to the void in the web. Email is different because you talk to people you know. Blogging is so different. I leave this program with a better sense of confidence in blogging. In thing 22 I had to create a ning account just so I could respond to a post I read there. I would NEVER have done that at the beginning of this program.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
There were lots of times when I read the information and went, Huh? The Teacher Tube videos really helped me a lot. Perhaps including more of those whenever possible. Otherwise, I think it was great overall.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Absolutely! This is a great way to learn new things about technology and since it moves so fast these days, I rely on experts like you guys to help me stay current.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
You will learn more about technology than you ever thought possible!

Thanks for putting this together.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Glad you had so many positive experiences...hope you will share the fun times you have with your kids thru this blog. Congratulations!

Book Nook Girl said...

Congratulations, you finished! Glad you enjoyed it!