Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing 20

I have enjoyed getting to know YouTube and TeacherTube. I looked at several videos for content areas I teach and decided to settle for videos on birds. The bird unit is still a big part of 2nd grade, and finding good videos for kids to view can be challenging. YouTube had some interesting videos on birds, but you have to be careful when you search. I also got videos for birds and bees with a picture of... well, never mind. Anyway, I think I would have to search through the videos first and identify the ones that I wanted kids to use. Then make those available to them. Here's the video I chose for my blog. When I put it on the blog the size was bigger than my space, so I had to adjust it to fit on the side. I don't know how to put it in the posting. It doesn't work the same as for the video clip.

1 comment:

VWB said...

yes it is frustrating to have YouTube blocked but remember ZamZar will allow you to convert the video to .wmv so that you ca play it in district...so all the good videos you find CAN be seen!