Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 17

This was probably the most frustrating thing I've done so far. At first I didn't understand how it was supposed to work. It seems like some of the other things we've already done, but as I started putting in websites I realized how this could really help me when I'm searching for things on the web. I work in the literacy library in my school and I'm always having to look for books from publishers and book levels. I created my searchroll to include the sites I most commonly use for this job so that now they are all located in one place and I don't have to Google them any longer. That is really helpful. So, I was feeling better about the whole Rollyo thing, then I had to try to put in on my blog. Okay, that was an experience that made me want to throw the computer out the window. I didn't do it, and I'm not on my SBISD laptop right now, so nobody panic. I tell you, that took me time because I could get the image to appear but it wouldn't conduct a search. So, I visited other blogs about Rollyo and theirs all worked fine, which made me angrier. After much cutting, pasting, removing, and starting over again, I managed to get it done. Rollyo is a good way to save time with searching, and I'm all about saving time. Now that I've done it, I can see it being a useful tool at school and home.

No comments: