Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 22

This site is cool! I chose Nings for Teachers. I looked at the lesson plans, which were okay, and at a few other tabs too. When I got to the general discussion boards there was a teacher asking for humorous parent excuses for their kids. So, I had to sign up and post one I had from last year. This is definitely a site I will come back to. I like the idea of setting it up with my students so that they can communicate with each other over the web without it having to be public. If I was still in 2nd grade, I would consider setting up a ning for students to communicate about citizenship, whether they saw someone or did something that showed good citizenship. It would have to be simple at 2nd grade because keyboarding skills are very minimal at this age. I've even had students that had never been on the web before. Great site!

No comments: