Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing 13

As I was reading about tagging, before I even set up the profile, I thought this would be very handy for research. What I really like is the idea that you can get to this collection of bookmarked sites from anywhere. If we are researching a topic at school, the site can be bookmarked and students can continue researching at home. This also allows me to find and mark sites at home and view them at school without having to remember where I got my information, or emailing the site address to myself so I have it in the morning for class. The other two sites seem to work the same as del.icio.us. I originally had ideas for the Google Reader in this way, but social bookmarking is much easier, especially for elementary kids. I plan to make use of the sites other users have tagged to add to my own bookmarks.

No comments: