Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool 8

All the new technology will be great. My worry is not how to use it, but how to keep it all charged. Right now I have 2 iTouches, but only one cord to charge it. I have to bring them to the library to charge right now, and the kids who come in the morning to use equipment don't always pay attention to the devices they use, and will use classroom devices instead of those for the library. I'm hoping we have a better system for charging in the fall.
It looks really simple to take photos and make videos with the Dell computers. I think this will be a great feature for kids in the fall. They will enjoy sharing research, solutions to problems, or pictures that go with a unit of study.
The iTouches and iPads will be fun. I had no idea they could hold so many pages of apps. I did go to the Ed Tech page and the apps and flipcharts they have available on the site will make it so easy to fit my devices with the needs of my kids. I can definitely see them working in stations or individually will all the support from that site. I'm guessing the flipcharts won't be able to be used on the iTouch or iPad, but I still have some classroom computers and they should work fine if we are reviewing concepts, or expanding learning for some.
I'm excited to see all the new gear we will have for the coming year. How to keep it all charged remains the question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the cabinet you will get will allow you to charge them all...I think you will be OKAY