Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool 10

Digital Citizenship, Online Behavior, and Copyright Use are all topics I want to teach my students. Cyberethics for Kids, CyberSmart for Kids, and Brainpop are all resources I want to use to help me plan and teach lessons in Digital Citizenship. They all have ideas and videos to use and Brainpop is a site that the kids are very familiar with, so I can see it being very useful.

Kids these days have lots of access to the internet and have often landed on sites they shouldn't. I plan to start there and use the videos and the Power to Learn grant page on the Ed Tech site so that I can cover all the topics with my class. I want them to have conversations with me and with each other. We could use Today's Meet to ensure that everyone contributes to the discussion in class. I also want kids to talk to parents at home so that we are all on the same page together and what we learn at school will transfer to their homes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the thought of todays meet for a way to discuss Digital citizenship..that would be a great way to see the discussion through out the year...especially if you left the conversation up for the entire school year!