Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tool 2

I created a google reader a few years ago when I did 23 Things. I haven't used it since then. However, this time around I actually think I'll use the blogs and sites I am following in the reader. I think I chose better this time. As far as writing on blogs, I don't mind posting about what others have written, but I really prefer talking to my teammates in person. There's so much you miss when you just type online as opposed to talking to a person. There are all the nuances of communication that you miss when you write online. I don't know that I would feel comfortable posting problems or situations in my classroom online. It's a really personal area and the people on my team know my kids and my teaching style and are better able to offer help that I can really use. Writing my thoughts online is hard for me. I'm working on it.

The site I'm planning to visit is for 3rd grade teachers. It has lots of useful information about teaching 3rd grade.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I have a few things that I'm thinking of doing this next year and might ask you to be my partner in crime... That is since you will have a few of mine that already know how to do it. Let me know if you are interested!

RCELibrarian said...

It's amazing how much your thoughts change from doing 23 things to doing things around this time. I too think that the readers and some of the other tools are more interesting now...I wasn't ready to use them when i did 23 things. I guess we all learn and grow. Enjoy your journey through the 11 tools