Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tool 3










I got both of my videos from You Tube. I've been to Teacher Tube and Discovery Education. I like all of the sites equally, but I generally tend to start with You Tube. The 2 videos I've added are good for math lessons with place value and area/perimeter. I think my kids will really like them. I'm eager to add them to my Ipads that we will hopefully have in the fall so I can use them as a center for kids.


As far as copyright goes, I know that as an educator I can use materials as long as they are used for teaching and are published in a secure site. Because of this I checked my settings for my blog to make sure that it is not available to anyone to comment, but is limited to registered users.


I have never been on Picasa, so I did play around with it a little. I've created a few folders there with some of my picture folders and put them on the web. I couldn't find the filter for remix, so I'm not sure what that is. My students and I have used picture sites like flickr and they are much better at it than I am, so I let them steer the searching when we need that site. I've used this in class for lots of different things, but the most recent was probably when we made landform books and the kids had to search for images that fit the definition of the landforms in their books.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've done a fantastic job getting thru all of this, Lisa! Love the videos.