Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 9

Slide sharing is a neat idea. I've done lots of Powerpoint presentations with students of many different grade levels and the tricky thing is what to do after they've presented. I've had students burn copies to disk to take home. We've copied them onto flash drives. Placing slide shows on the web for a bigger viewing audience is cool. The thing about Powerpoint is that kids like to use it even at home for fun. My kids used to make lots of slide shows when they were younger. Now this creative work can be displayed. I looked at all the links and at first I thought 280 slides would be the best because you didn't have to log in and it has a good look to it. However, it wasn't easy to use and since I work with 8 year olds, I need something more user friendly. So, I went to Slideshare. I did have to create a log in, but importing the slide show was easy and fast. I went to my daughter's 6th grade file on Norway to see what she had that would be fun to play around with. She created a slide show called Zoo. It wasn't done for class. She was just experimenting in computer class one day. The show is comical, but not very factual. Go figure. It was fun to look back and wonder, "What were you thinking?"

No comments: