Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing 10

The whole Sim world sounds fun when you read about it, but when I was actually able to get into the simulation it was really hard to follow. I realize that it probably takes time to figure it all out, but it's way too complicated for my 3rd graders. My daughter and her teen friends love playing games like this, so I let them "play" along with me while I tried it out. Even they had a hard time working all the controls and gave up because it was just too hard to understand how to make it work. I think if I had someone with me to help me learn how to do it, I would understand it better and be able to see it's potential in the classroom. Right now, I just don't see it. There is a real draw for this kind of thing with older students though, so I'm sure a much more savvy user than I can see great uses for a program like this one.

No comments: